Lark Ellsworth The worst fucking president this country has ever seen

Saturday, August 06, 2005

Stands

Today is Sunday, August 6, 2005. I am sitting at my computer yet again, staring at my blog thinking that I need to write something. You see, it’s been over a month since I started out with this and made a huge leap with the first post, all two sentences of it. Originally, it started out as a place for me to dump my thoughts about our incredibly inept our chimp of a president is. The problem arose when I sat down the next day to write those out and the ensuing tidal wave of issues I have with Bush ultimately froze up my brain. The blue screen of death appeared to float hauntingly between my synapses and I just plain quit. Every day this would happen. Sit at the computer, look at the empty Word document and try to pick out one of hundreds upon hundreds of things I wanted to write about. Every day the same end would come of it. In a way, I think that tactic is the only thing going for the Republican Party. They apparently have a doctrine that tells their people to go and do as much harm on the biggest scale as possible. Keep doing it every day and whoever your opponent is will stand in awe of your stupidity and forget to point it out as such. It’s brilliant really. If you had to compare it to something outside of politics, I guess the only way would be to imagine two people squaring off to fight for a girl. Then, one of them takes off his clothes and starts beating himself in the face with his shoe while screaming nonsensical things. All the while the other guy stands across from him with his eyes wide and mouth agape shocked by what is going on in front of him. So shocked in fact, that he doesn’t bring this strange action to the attention of the girl who is looking right at him, wondering why he doesn’t do anything. My point is that there are so many things that the Republicans are doing egregiously wrong right now that we just can’t bring ourselves to point out these idiotic phenomena. We just stand there hoping that people pay attention. Unfortunately, they don’t and then wonder aloud “The Democrats don’t seem to stand for anything.”

We do stand for things. Mainly though, we stand for not running around like idiots with a backwards pointed set of goals, bent on living in the hypocrisy of small government imposing strict laws regulating personal freedoms and choices.

|

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home